Here is list of LA Officers who are arrested for committing crimes. This list can be beneficial when your defense is based on impeaching the police officers and/or to convincing the prosecution to reduce/dismiss charges. The primary focus of this research was on the Los Angeles County, however, list included police officers from nearby counties.
If any of these LA Officers who are arrested for committing crimes were involved in an arrest on any of your cases – this information can be used to dismiss or settle your case. Some of those LA officers who are arrested for committing crimes are not involved in Los Angeles DUI investigation but this list is updated as information becomes available and if in fact one of the officers is involved in your case, your DUI Lawyer in Los Angeles will have an easier time fighting the case (same goes for any Criminal Defense Attorney in Los Angeles).
- LA County sheriff’s deputy Alejandro Flores, 34, was sentenced to one year in jail for abusing his girlfriend, including breaking her nose and setting her hair on fire. In addition to the jail term, A Superior Court Judge ordered to five years of formal probation, community service and completion of a domestic violence program, according to a spokeswoman for the Orange County district attorney’s office.
- LAPD narcotic officers Luis Valenzuela (43) and James C. Nichols (44) were convicted of repeated rapes and sexual assaults of women while being on duty. The accused threatened their victims with arrest in case of refusal to their demand. They also coerce their female informants to agree to have sex with the officers, while working in narcotic department. Now both man face dozen of felony charges that took place from 2008 to 2011. According to court records, Valenzuela is also accused of gun assault on a woman. The case was reopened in 2014, and now this is one of the biggest internal investigation of LAPD.
- LAUSD officer Mauricio Edgardo Estrada (28) faces a charge of attempted child sex trafficking. He was caught using Craiglist to exchanged photos and text messages with an undercover agent, who he believed was a 15-year-old. Estrada was placed on an administrative leave after the arrest. He surrendered to the police and faces a minimum 10 years of incarceration if convicted. Additionally, the LAUSD is conducting an internal investigation.
- LAPD officer Richard Garcia is accused of assaulting a black man during the on-duty arrest. The tape from the road camera showed how Garcia severely hit the victim during the arrest. The case was quietly shut down in 2014 by the government, but it was reopened due to its social resonance. Half a year after the arrest, it was announced that Garcia will face charges of felony assault under the color of authority. Garcia was ordered to complete 300 hours of community works, to stay away from the victim and to follow all laws. If he violates any of these terms, he can expect up to three years in jail.
- LAPD officer Henry Solis (28) is charged with fatal shooting of a man in the bar fight in Pomona in 2015. Then he was arrested in Mexico, in the border of city Juarez, after Solis’ father attempted to drive his son from the United States to hide him from the authorities. Now, not only Henry Solis will face a possibility of a life in prison, but also his father, Victor Solis, can be convicted of a crime that will result in three-year probation and $1,000 fine.
- LAPD officer Abel Montes De Oca was arrested on the suspicion of sending «harmful» text messages to a juvenile. According to LAPD, he was arrested after a long internal investigation. Currently, during this inquiry, De Oca is ordered to stay at his home. He worked in LAPD Cadet Program, which designed for LAPD officers to coordinate cadet activities and to supervise juvenile students.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer Carlos Canjura of Van Nuys (54) was arrested on August 9, 2016 on federal charges. He is accused of stealing mail from the International Mail Facility in Torrance and participating in deposit checks obtained from the stolen mail. The indictment against Canjura charges him with four bank fraud counts and four counts of possession of stolen mail. The case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- FULLERTON PD Officer Kelly Mejia – who on May 2, 2011 was arrested in Miami International Airport after stealing iPad from another passenger at a TSA security checkpoint. Here is the link to the police report.
- LAPD Officer Robert Yanez of Riverside – who plead guilty to misdemeanor worker’s compensation fraud after faking or altering doctor’s note to permit him to not to come back to work after being ordered to do so by a doctor. He was able to receive disability from the city for the period of the fraud, April through July of 2009.
- LAPD Officer Joseph Caseres (LAPD Veteran of 22 years) was arrested on 7/10/11 on suspicion of prescription fraud – arrested by LAPD Special Operation Division, Worker’s Compensation Fraud Unit.
- LAPD Detective Ramon Alvarez (LAPD Gang and Narcotics Division) fellow detectives believed Alvarez took money – which was found in his car. Arrested for Grand Theft. (KTLA of January 28, 2012).
- LAPD Officer Craig Eugene Allen (39) and LAPD Officer Phillip Anthony Walters (56) were charged by the Los Angeles District Attorney with perjury and filing false police report. One of these officers is fired and another faces administrative hearing and can be terminated. The charges stem from September 4, 2010 Los Angeles DUI arrest by those two officers who were called to help with a DUI investigation after a traffic stop by another officer. In their police report Allen and Walters lied and said that they observed the driver failing to stop at a stop sign and that they made the traffic stop. To cover up their lie, Walters testified under oath at a DMV hearing in February of 2011 – hence perjuring himself. (The arraignment of those two officers was in Department 30 of the CCB court on or around July 26, 2012).
- Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputy Kenneth Alexander (46), pleaded no contest on August 10, 2012 to oral copulation with a girl under 18. He met her during investigation when he responded to her home in or around Marina Del Ray. He maintained relationship with her for several month.
(818) 921 7744 Call anytime to talk directly to Los Angeles DUI Attorney.